Sunday, March 31, 2013

Welcome To My New Site!!

Welcome! After a bit of a blogging hiatus, I'm back with a new site. Some of you may know me from The Happy Housewife Project. I blogged on the HHP for 3 years before I pulled the plug. That site was like an unborn baby. I had no clue what I was in for. It was an awesome learning experience and now I'm back to fill your tummies with a whole bunch of yummies (catchy, huh?).

So...without further ado, let's get going with my first post in my new home.

FACT: I don't really like white chocolate.
FACT: I LOVE dark chocolate.
FACT: I LOVE cake.

What happens when you put together white chocolate, cake mix, and pretzels? You get this amazing salty/sweet combination. If white chocolate only came in cake batter flavor, I just might consider converting from a dark chocolate lover. It's definitely something to try!

These chocolate cake batter covered pretzels make such a pretty presentation and are great for any celebration! They are easy to make and the kids can even help out.

Here's what you do.


Cake Batter Pretzels
Adapted from I'm Topsy Turvy
14 ounces of white melting chocolate (such as Wilton Candy Melts)
2 heaping tablespoons of Funfetti Cake Mix
Pretzel Rods (about 20-25 of them)
Sprinkles
Parchment Paper

1. Melt white chocolate.
2. Once completely melted, stir in cake mix. Mix well until fully incorporated.
3. Coat pretzel rods in chocolate mixture and immediately pour sprinkles on top so that they adhere.
4. Place on parchment paper to allow to cool and harden.

I'm making these for my sister's birthday today. She's turning the big THREE-OH! I'm so excited to celebrate with her and share these pretzels as my first post with you. If you want to learn more about my sister and her ah-mazing story, check out her blog at Kidney Krusaders!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my new home. Hope you enjoy all of the recipes and projects that I share with you. I'm here to fill your tummies with yummies!!

xo, Stephanie




No comments:

Post a Comment